LET THEM BE!
That is exactly what I did. I know what poison ivy looks like and I was careful to let it be. I didn’t take into account that I was doomed if I stepped on the poison ivy and then scratched my right leg using my left foot. DOH! I soon learned that poison ivy rash develops quickly and with a vengeance. To make matters worse, during my sleep, the rash spread to my other leg via contact.
Now, I am in my second week with a horrible poison ivy rash! The doctor said I will have to endure the rash for at least another month.
Fortunately, the steroid ointment has taken care of the itching, but there is nothing to do for the beet red rash on my legs. It is hideous! My son is freaked out just by the sight of it. I have never had anything like this in my entire life.
I will spare you, the reader, by not posting any photos. The rash is severe, but without any of those awful bulbous blisters that are on the Internet.
I guess I have that to be thankful for.