February was a crazy month. What do I mean by crazy? Crazy as in too many bad things happened. They were so bad that I found it hard to focus on the good things.
Let me explain…
1. We started our month off by dealing with a power outage for over 30 hours and as a result, my son’s fish died.
2. The children’s minister at my church “resigned”. We received the news on our wedding anniversary, of all days. He was a good friend of ours and I absolutely hate when bad things happen to good people.
3. The radiator exploded in my husband’s vehicle. Here’s your anniversary gift…a $400 radiator!
4. I had a dentist appointment and was told that areas at my gum line are receding. This is not good news for someone who’s favorite beverage is orange juice. I just can’t give up the juice. My teeth have been sensitive for a while and I already brush with warm water. Now, I had to switch to a toothpaste for sensitive teeth. My husband said that I should brush my teeth in a downward motion, so as to not push up on my gums. I said, “What? Downward? Who does that? Don’t you remember the song from when we were kids…brush your teeth, round and round, circle small, GUMS and all. How can I change this after almost 40 years?”
5. Our dog had an infected bump on his leg. I took him to the Vet and they gave him antibiotics and steroids to take for two weeks. Thank goodness he likes ham chunks so I could hide the pills in them. Now, he expects ham chunks every time I open the refrigerator.
6. The Olympic games. Ok, maybe this wasn’t a bad thing because I enjoyed watching them and it diverted my attention away from the computer to the TV for a change. The bad thing is that I watched more TV in February than I have the entire time we have lived here.
7. We had our last Lego Club meeting in February. I have hosted a Lego club for homeschoolers for almost 3 years. I had to make the decision to end the club for various reasons. It’s complicated.
So, what good things happened in February? Well, I ate lots of chocolate on Valentine’s Day. Wait, that should have been no. 8 on the bad list. The chocolates (a bag of Ghirardelli Squares and a bag of Lindt Lindor Truffles) were delicious, but I think I gained 4 pounds. We also had more snow in February. Snow is a good thing to me, but some think it is bad. I learned to keep my mouth shut after the fourth snowfall. No one wants to hear me talk about cozy evenings with a fire, hot chocolate and snow falling.
I suppose with good there is always bad and vice versa. February just had too many spoilers and stresses. March has started out on a better note. I started a yoga class that I really like, and today I found out we were accepted as participants in the 4-H embryology program. We will be hatching a chicken! That should make for a few interesting posts. Who needs a growing daffodil bulb when I will have a chicken egg in an incubator!